I have been climbing for almost 20 years now and can’t imagine my life without it. I mainly focus on bouldering. I love the movement involved in rock climbing and bouldering definitely has the most interesting movement. But it is competing where my heart really lies, I like having a consequence to my climbing by either not placing as highly as I would like to in a comp or taking a big lead fall on a scary trad route. This is what pushed me towards some of the hardest and most dangerous routes in the country. I love the focus and concentration, involved both in competing and trad climbing, no room for mistakes! There is nothing better than taking it easy, not too seriously, by going climbing with your mates, after all its only climbing on rocks not rocket science.
Adam is currently travelling round New Zealand, Australia and South East Asia on 6 month climbing trip.
Greatest climbing achievements-
• First Assent of Purgatory E8/9 7b Northumberland.
• Knocking Kilian Fishuber (legend) out the semi-finals of the 2012 Munich world cup.
• Coming 2nd in the UK at the BBCs.
• 3rd at the prestige’s Climbing Works International Festival.
• My 2011 trip to Fontainebleau (video on vimeo)
• Climbing three 8as one 7c+ one 7c and two 7b+ in the Hueco rock rodeo and placing just behind the worlds very best.
- Refine the team by