I started climbing when I was 7 years old, and I'm still psyched to get better. I am in the British Junior Climbing Team and I focus on competitions. Recently, I have moved up an age group – from Youth C (11-13 yrs) to Youth B (14 – 16 yrs); although I will not be 14 until September 2012. This allows me to compete in many more competitions, like the 'Europeans' and the 'World Climbing Championship in Singapore. If I'm fortunate enough to be selected, I'm aiming to 'place high' in all of them.
Last year (2011) I was awarded the OCS Young Sports Person, Young Star Award, in November for my climbing. Just now I'm regularly on-sighting 7C and red-pointing 7C+/8A indoors and red-pointing 7b+/7C outdoors.
- Winning the OCS Young Sports Person- Young Star Award (2011)
- Placing 7th in a major European youth competition
- Winning the British Lead Climbing championships for two years running (2010, 2011)
- Winning the British Open (2011)
- Being sponsored by Scarpa
- Onsighted 7C+ (at the GB Lead Climbing Championships 2011)
- Redpoint 8A
- Being selected for the British Climbing Team 2 years running
Goals For next spring (2013)
- Regularly Onsight 8A
- Redpoint 8A+
- Win a Major European competition
- Onsight 7C+ outdoors